Skip to Main Content Skip to bottom Skip to Chat, Email, Text

Transfer Student Enrollment

Take a shorter path to graduation

Apply eligible transfer credits from an institutionally accredited university or college toward the degree of your choice. So, you can save on tuition and get that much closer to your graduation date.

The Transfer Student Scholarship

Now accepting applications! Get awarded $3000 toward your bachelor’s degree.

The Transfer Student Scholarship

More ways to make your credit count

Explore opportunities to earn credit including eligible experience and more so you can earn your degree faster, and for less, with eligible transfer credits.

More ways to make your credit count

How to apply as a transfer student

We have a team of experienced enrollment representatives ready to answer your questions and help you through your application at any time. Simply call 844-937-8679 speak to an enrollment representative.

Set your goals

Select your degree, course or certificate.

Begin online application

Complete your online application and include college and universities you are transferring from.

Sign your Transcript Request Form

We’ll send you a Transcript Request Form to sign. In most cases, we request your transcripts on your behalf, so you don’t incur any cost.

Transcript requests can take between 5-20 days, depending on the institution. Some institutions may require you to request your transcripts directly.

Credits awarded

We’ll notify you when credits have been awarded toward your degree. It’s that easy.

More transfer credit resources

Admission requirements

Apply for free – no application fee, no obligation. Take next steps in your education.

Admission requirements

Associate degree/community college

Save $144 per three-credit course. Transfer up to 87 credits.

Associate degree/community college

Transfer credit guides

See how courses from our college partners transfer into your degree program.

Transfer credit guides

Make the most of your military experience

Earn credits for military training. Active Duty Tuition Assistance may apply toward your degree. For military students, we’ll request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) on your behalf from your branch of the military.

Learn about military benefits

Why transfer credits to University of Phoenix?

Free transcript requests

While some institutions require transcript requests from students directly, for those that don’t we’ll request transcripts on your behalf and cover the cost.

Maximize your transfer credits

We value what you have already learned, so we strive to make every credit count.

Non-traditional credits welcome

Go beyond transfer credits. See how you can apply work and life experiences to your degree.

There’s no way I would have made the impact or the difference that  I’m making without the support, the confidence, and the education that I was provided.

Amber P., '17

Master of Healthcare Administration

Frequently Asked Questions

Prior coursework from a degree-granting institution with institutional accreditation, or credit earned through a national testing program such as the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES or Advanced Placement, may be transferable, depending on your grades/scores. Your professional training or military training may also be converted into academic credits.

Not at all. Your GPA will be determined by the credits earned in residence at University of Phoenix.

The transfer of credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution. University of Phoenix can perform a pre-evaluation using your unofficial transcripts to give you an idea of how your transfer credits may apply to your selected program. Officially, you need to complete the admissions form, provide information about all schools attended, and sign the transfer request form. When all forms and transcripts are received, you’ll know for sure what transfer credits will apply.

You don’t pay to transfer college credits. In most cases we can request your official transcripts from prior institutions for you. This saves you time and money. In some cases, institutions may require you to make the request directly.

You might be able to  apply military training for college credit. We will request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) for you, and evaluate your military experience using credit recommendations from the American Council for Education (ACE).

Yes. Transfer your associate degree from an institutionally accredited community college to save $144 per three-credit course. We have relationships with community colleges across the country that make transferring credit to University of Phoenix easier for you. If you have your associate degree our 3+1 Transfer Pathway lets you transfer 87 credits, the equivalent of three years, from a participating community college.

Talk with an enrollment representative to learn more about applying Prior Learning Assessment to apply for credit for what you have learned through work and life experiences. Alternative credit providers and national testing programs are other options that allow you to save.

Get evaluated for academic credentials from a number of international colleges and universities. If we’re unable to review your credits for some reason, we’ll direct you to an agency that can. Note that foreign language transcripts require certified English translation.

Speak with an enrollment representative to explore all your transfer credit options.

Other ways to earn credit

International students

Transfer credit from accredited international colleges and universities.

National testing programs

Take tests for approved credit.

Alternative credit providers

Explore other ways to earn credit.